Advance directives give you the opportunity to express your wishes for end-of-life care. They provide a way for you to communicate your wishes in the event that you are unable to make these choices on your own. Completing advance directives and discussing them with your family, friends and healthcare professionals can help to avoid stress and confusion later on.
Lifesaving Information for Emergencies (L.I.F.E.)
The Vial of L.I.F.E. program was specifically designed to provide necessary medical information to emergency personnel when you are unable. By minimizing vital seconds needed during medical emergencies, Vial of L.I.F.E. can protect and save your life.
Contents of the Vial of L.I.F.E. Packet
- Patient medical information form
- Advance directives forms/instructions
- Medical power of attorney forms/instructions
How Is Vial of L.I.F.E. Used?
- A magnetic strip is used to secure the bag to the outside of the patient’s refrigerator
- A decal is provided for the patient to place on the door that alerts 911 responders to take the Vial of L.I.F.E. with the patient
- It is recommended to patient/family to take Vial of L.I.F.E. with them for any urgent care
Purpose of the Vial of L.I.F.E.
Immediate access to:
- Medical information/history
- Medication list/pharmacy preference
- Healthcare provider information
- Emergency contact information
- Advance directives
We are quite proud to offer Vial of L.I.F.E. decals and forms to the community at no charge. We feel that the Vial of L.I.F.E. is a most important program for protecting seniors.We thank American Senior Safety Agency Medical Alert Systems for donating these decals to our organization.