Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Course: This course has been designed to teach an evidence-based approach to resuscitation of the newborn. The causes, prevention and management of mild to severe neonatal asphyxia are carefully explained so that health professionals can develop optimal knowledge and skill in resuscitation.
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program is an educational program that introduces the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation. Completion of the program of the online course does not imply that an individual has the competence to perform neonatal resuscitation. An NRP instructor is responsible for determining the level of competence and qualifications required for someone to assume clinical responsibility for neonatal resuscitation.
- Lessons 1 through 4 and Lesson 9 are required by the AAP; these lessons must be passed in order to complete the exam.
- Your facility/employer may require you to pass all required lessons plus additional assigned lessons as determined by hospital policy.
- Though you can access the non-required lessons, once all five required lessons are passed, the exam is considered complete and optional lessons can no longer be accessed. If you wish to access the non-required lessons, you should do so before completing all required lessons.
- Within the required lessons (Lessons 1 through 4 and Lesson 9), you are allowed one failure of each lesson. If you fail any one lesson a second time, you will have failed the entire NRP exam and will be required to purchase and complete another exam. The internal policy at your facility determines how this second exam is paid for and accessed.
- Once the exam is passed, you have 30 days to take their NRP live course.
- If you do not complete the NRP provider course within 30 days of completing the online exam, the online exam becomes invalid. The exam fee is not refundable. You will need to purchase and complete another exam.
- The 30 days start on the day you complete the exam.
Contact hours are offered by American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
FEE: Online NRP exam will be purchased through AAP (see above website) $35 Skills Test; $50 book