Now you can get Dell Children’s Emergency Care closer to home.
- Great Care
Ascension Providence follows the Dell Children’s Emergency Care steps for all ER patients that are children.
- Connection to Dell Children’s Doctors
When needed, Ascension Providence ER staff are able to talk to Dell Children’s emergency medicine doctors and hospitalists through telemedicine tools for your child’s care.
- Kid-friendly Area
Dell Children’s ER patients have a waiting room and exam areas made just for kids and their parents.
- Kid-friendly Staff
Ascension Providence ER staff are trained by nurses and Child Life specialists from Dell Children’s Medical Center to learn bedside skills to help reduce stress that children and families can feel during illness, injury, or being in a hospital.
About Dell Children’s Medical Center
At Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas, we know that little humans don’t just need a little care. They need a lot of it. That’s why Dell Children’s has the most pediatric specialists and specialty programs in our service area. Whether it’s pediatric doctors for cancer, heart, brain or spine, your little human always has access to the care they need, so they can get back to being kids.
Speciality Care Highlights
- Children’s Blood and Cancer Center
- Craniofacial and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Center
- Only Cleft Lip and Palate Program in Central Texas approved by the American Palate-Craniofacial Association and the Cleft Palate Foundation
- Only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in Central Texas
- Only Level 4 Pediatric Epilepsy Center in Central Texas
- Pediatric Neurosurgery Center
- Only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in Austin area
- Only pediatric orthopedic care program in Central Texas recognized by U.S. News & World Report in 2016-17
- Dell Children’s Regional Heart Center, a partnership with UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Dell Children’s Medical Group – largest pediatric subspecialty practice in Central Texas
Online scheduling is available for your child’s ER visit at Ascension Providence Health Center in Waco. At DellChildrensER.com, you can hold your place in line and wait at home. Arrive and be seen within 15 minutes of your scheduled time. Remember, DellChildrensER.com is for mini emergencies only. If your child is experiencing a major emergency, get to the ER ASAP or dial 9-1-1.