Providence Thyroid, Endocrinology and Diabetes Clinic offers evaluation and treatment for a number of conditions related to the endocrinological system.
The Endocrinology Clinic and the Diabetes Education Program work in conjunction with one another to meet the needs of our diabetic patients. In one convenient location, an endocrinologist, nutritionists, nurses, and certified diabetes educators work closely with each other – and the primary care provider – to tailor an individualized plan to better manage the patient’s disease.
- Diabetes: Type 1, Type 2, Gestational Diabetes and Insulin Pump Therapy, Diabetes Insipidus
- Thyroid Disorders: Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Nodules and Thyroid Cancer
- Osteoporosis and Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- Adrenal Gland Disorders: Adrenal Insufficiency, Pheochromocytoma, Hyperaldosteronism
- Pituitary Hormone Insufficiency
- Pituitary Tumors: Prolactinoma, Acromegaly
In addition, the field of practice may overlap other medical specialties in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have various conditions including:
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Abnormal cholesterol and/or triglyceride levels
- Kidney stones related to hyperparathyroidism
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Female hirsutism (excessive facial/body hair)
- Gender identity disorder