We are a full-service breast health center that features fully digital mammography screening and diagnostic work-ups with the comfort, privacy and compassion every woman deserves. The Breast Health Center is designed to make important regular breast screenings as pleasant an experience as possible. We organize the management of breast diseases, including the screening, diagnosis, and access to early treatment options for breast cancer in a coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary approach.
Ascension Providence Breast Health Center has medical professionals on site, including a specialized nurse navigator who serves as a compassionate treatment guide for women who have been diagnosed with cancer. Our goal is to reduce the mortality rate of breast cancer in our community through early detection and access to treatment.
- Rapid appointments and streamlined registration
- A dedicated, caring, highly trained staff that is sensitive to every woman’s experience
- Attractive and comfortable surroundings that include personal touches like waffle weave robes, refreshments, and spa music
- Separate waiting areas for women who are there for routine screening mammograms and women who are there for call-back diagnostics
- A unique nurse navigator who serves as a treatment guide for future care, answering questions, explaining treatment options, navigating the healthcare system, and supporting breast cancer patients throughout the continuum of care
- Rapid, in-office core needle biopsies
- Comprehensive on-site care with access to various medical disciplines
- Boutique gift shop and boutique consultant for post-surgical mastectomy garments, prosthetics, bras and wigs
- Access to support resources including support groups, exercise programs, physical and emotional therapies, etc.
- Resource library full of educational materials for patients and their loved ones
Ascension Providence Breast Health Center is designed for maximum efficiency, giving our patients a “one-stop” comprehensive service. Our patients can have access to a complete diagnostic workup and to a surgeon if needed. We offer speedy appointments and a streamlined registration process. Our professional staff have designed a workflow that enhances timeliness and improves the quality of interpretation, which will ultimately reduce recall rates.
Advanced Quality Breast Care
The staff and facilities of Ascension Providence Breast Health Center meet the most stringent requirements for quality excellence certification. This means that we are making sure that we are giving the highest level quality care available by comparing ourselves to other breast centers across the nation and continuously improving ourselves to be the best. We are proud to offer the following services:
- State-of-the-art Hologic® digital screening
- Diagnostic mammography
- Computerized aided detection
- Stereotactic image-guided biopsy
- Mammography reporting information system
- Bone density scans
Ascension Providence Breast Health Center fulfills all regulatory requirements for MQSA and TDH certification. We have medical leadership from the most utilized surgical group in our area, and our multidisciplinary advisory board consists of some of Waco’s finest doctors and community members.
Ascension Providence Breast Health Center is part of a multidisciplinary breast-specific tumor conference where diagnosed cases are reviewed by treatment physicians to create the best possible treatment plan, and we have cultivated strong relationships with resources in Central Texas such as Susan G. Komen Central Texas Affiliate and the American Cancer Society.
The Ascension Providence Breast Health Center organizes the management of breast diseases, including the screening, diagnosis, and access to early treatment options for breast cancer in a coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary approach.