Practicing Service Excellence: Our Performance Standards
- Practice the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Portray Professionalism & Customer Service. Wear your ID badge at all times and make sure it remains visible. Follow the appropriate dress code within your department. Introduce yourself to every patient, guest or co-worker at the beginning of any interaction. Be punctual. Ask questions; never assume. Refrain from inappropriate behavior and actions. Be respectful.
- Prioritize Safety. Adhere to federal, state, JCAHO, AHCA and OSHA guidelines. Follow health system and departmental procedures regarding safety. Report all accident and incidents immediately. Do not smoke anywhere on the grounds of the facility.
- Personal Accountability. Resolve problems, remaining action-oriented. When you don’t know the answer, advise the guest you will find someone who can help follow through.
- Promote Teamwork. Maintain clear, open communication with fellow associates. Lead by positive example. Share your knowledge and skills with others. Exhibit support. Celebrate successes as a team. Appreciate the diversity that individuals bring to the team by valuing differing points of view. Hold one another accountable for maintaining our policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Ascension Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or military status in accordance with applicable federal law.
- Ascension Providence complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- The scope of this procedure applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation and training.
- Ascension Providence expressly prohibits any form of unlawful associate harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or military status.
- Improper interference with the ability of Ascension Providence associates to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated