Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
Stroke is a brain attack and should be treated as an Emergency! Learn to recognize the signs and symptoms of stroke to protect you and your loved ones. Signs and symptoms may include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg; especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding words.
- Sudden blurred vision or trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
During a Stroke…Think FAST:
Face: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of their face droop?
Arm: Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
Speech: Ask the person to say a simple sentence. Does their speech sound slurred or strange?
Time: Time is IMPORTANT and every second counts, call 9-11 immediately!
Stroke is a brain attack and should be
treated as an Emergency!
Don’t ignore the signs and symptoms of stroke,
call 9-1-1 immediately.
Time lost is brain lost!