Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
The HBOT is an important addition to the treatment of chronic non-healing wounds. When hyperbaric oxygen therapy is combined with the team approach of hyperbaric specialists and the referring physician, we can provide very effective treatment to various conditions.
The Benefits of HBOT
Increased healing rates for chronic non-healing wounds, potential to decrease mortality by 2/3 and reduced risk of amputation.
- Treatment sessions last anywhere from 90 to 120 minutes
- Treatment administered once daily, five days a week
- 20-40 treatments may be required for select wounds
Indications for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- Diabetc ulcers of the lower extremities
- Soft tissue radionecrosis and osteoradionecrosis
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Crush injury/acute traumatic peripheral ischemia
- Progressive necrotizing infection/fasciitis
- Acute peripheral arterial insufficiency