Centers & Facilities
Providence is a complete healthcare network offering advanced medical facilities in virtually every medical discipline. From physician clinics to acute care, Providence provides compassionate healthcare with a commitment to excellence.
Waco's first hospital, Providence has been consistently updated and remodeled. After three years of planning, an Expansion Project was completed in 2008 resulting in
- 215,000 new square feet of hospital space
- Remodeling of 67,679 square feet
- 5-story F. M. & Gloria Young Tower-home to a new and expanded Intensive Care Unit and Cardiology Department
- 2-story tower-home to our new and expanded Surgery Department
- InProv Café, Gift shop, and a new parking garage
On August 9, 2010, an 18-month, $6.5 million renovation & expansion project will create a new look for the front of Providence Health Center with an expanded lobby and dedicated express elevator to the Women & Newborns Center on the 5th Floor! The project will also involve the renovation and updating of the Labor & Delivery area, as well as enlarging and updating all postpartum rooms. Finally, the project will significantly enlarge the neonatal nursery which will offer high Level II capabilities addressing the needs of virtually all sick newborns. The new project is expected to be completed in January 2012 and has been financed entirely with hospital reserves and philanthropic gifts!