About Our Ministry
The Providence Healthcare Network was born and built on compassion. Founded in 1905 by the Daughters of Charity as a ministry to the suffering, compassion has remained our driving mission over decades of growth and development.
Providence is a comprehensive healthcare network that year after year provides the best physicians and staff with leading edge equipment and facilities. It’s this commitment to the best care that drives our vision and results in Providence consistently being recognized and certified for excellence in healthcare.
The Providence Healthcare Network proudly serves as a member of Ascension Health , the nation's largest Catholic and largest nonprofit health system.
Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
We are called to...
- Service of the Poor - generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - courageous innovation
- Dedication - affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Providence - Compassion and Excellence since the beginning...
- 1905 - Waco's first hospital
- 1906 - Waco's first School of Nursing
- 1950 - Waco's first Heart Clinic
- 1973 - Waco's first open heart surgery
- 1982 - Waco's first coronary angioplasty
- 1993 - Waco's first cardiac stent procedure performed
- 1997 - Waco's first Wound Care Center
- 1999 - Waco's first Chest Pain ER
- 2004 - Waco's first Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center
- 2005 - Names Top 100 Heart Hospital
- 2008 - Waco's first Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center